[Call for Applications] The 2020 East Asia Young Activists Networking Program – Theme: Gender Equalityeayanadmin
Human Asia is now accepting applications for the 2020 East Asia Young Activists Networking Program.
The EAYAN program seeks to become an interactive online and offline network, offering rising young leaders of the Asian human rights movement the chance to build upon their knowledge regarding regional human rights challenges; establish practical skills for evaluating and utilizing existing human rights protection systems; and foster cross-cultural projects and campaigns.
The first workshop in April 2020 will focus on gender equality. The workshop comprises of: 1) lectures; 2) interactive discussions; 3) field trips and 4) group projects and presentations.
Registration: November 15 – December 27 2019 at www.eayan.org/apply
Workshop date: April 11 – 20, 2020
Location: Seoul, South Korea
Applicants must be:
- Under the age of 30
- A passport holder of either: Korea, Japan, Mainland China, Hong Kong, or Taiwan
- Able to demonstrate their interest in social justice and human rights through either their professional, academic or voluntary background(s); and be able to demonstrate in their applications how they intend to pass on the knowledge gained from the program to implement change in their communities
- Proficient in English
- The chance to become part of a unique and exclusive human rights-centred network with activists and specialists from across East Asia
- Lectures by regional experts on holistic human rights approaches, human-rights education, and women’s rights
- Opportunities to plan and create cross-regional projects
- A full scholarship covering: accommodation, airfare, travel insurance (when required); program meals; fees including cultural activities, local transportation and networking opportunities
- A certificate of completion
How To Apply:
Complete the Application Form and submit the required documents at www.eayan.org by December 27, 2019.
Thank you! We wish you the best of luck!